Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jewelry Making: A dedication to A.W.Messersmith.

I have been inspired to make something special for my daughter.  Her wedding is in October and I'm making alot to help out in costs.  This is so fun.

She has her three sisters and friend in the wedding which was hard for her to choose.  If she had her way there would be 8+ girls in her wedding but common since took over.

Her favorite flowers are Calla Lillys so this was an experiment.  I think it worked out really well (after three trials and for me patience is a virtue) woot woot!

I'm proud of myself as my granfather devoted his adult life making jewelry for Petri Jewlers in Indianapolis, In since I was a little girl that I can remember 20+ years.  He did wonderful work and over the years made me a ring, earings, bracelets and repaired a lot of stuff our family owned. I have been privledged to have inherited some of his tools.  I have always wanted to learn how to make jewelry and maybe I will go back to school to learn one day.  I just learned that my cousins wife makes jewelry.  Awesome sauce! 

So dedicate my first work to Grandpa, Arnold William Messersmith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment